Sunday, April 29, 2012

What's better than the Easter Bunny?

When grandparents come to visit of course!

When Natalie was just shy of a month old, my dad, and Jared's parents came for a visit. Separately though.



While Jared's Dad and S'Mom were here we had a little neighborhood egg hunt put on by Jared and his Dad.


Which kicked off our Easter festivities.

We played Chubby Bunny.

The score?

Owen - 2


Jared - 4

 Reid - 1
Me - 6 Too easy. :) It was like taking marshmallows from a baby.

Fun stickers from my mom.
Easter Bunny loot.




 I made bow ties for both boys and a pair of suspenders for Owen.


 My friend Dana, sent us skirt she made for Natalie that matched perfectly!


Way to pose guys. Yes...Owen is spitting. :)
The cardigan is from my old visiting teacher. So lovely on this beautiful girl. 

We had the most delicious salmon, biscuits, and broiled lemon asparagus for dinner.

 The trees also bloomed just barely in time for Easter. It was a lovely Easter present. ;)

We got Blokus from the Easter Bunny. This game is so fun and addicting. Even Reid can play if we help him a little bit.
 He loves to shut you down and say "Blocked ya!" Fiesty little nipper. :)


It was a lovely Easter. We were glad to be together before Jared moved down to northern AZ for his job. He'll be there until October. He has tentative plans to move to Nevada in June for another higher paying seasonal job, but now he's unsure if he wants to go.

The kids and I are staying put until a more stable situation presents itself. It's been rough but we're making it. Thinking about it beforehand, I thought there was no way I could handle all the kids on my own with Natalie being just 5 weeks old. But the Lord has blessed us and strengthened me more than I could imagine. Although I hate this situation, I know we are being watched over and refined.

6 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful family! Sorry to hear Jared is working away from the family. That's no fun, especially with such a new baby. Hopefully you get to skype with him, or something? Jay left us with book and song recordings, and I made Daddy Dolls--which you totally could do, if your kids are into attachment objects-- and those have made a huge difference during Jay's deployment.

    For the dolls, I just printed four images of Jay 12" high on a pillowcase from Walmart.com. It cost $18 for four, versus the $25 per you'll find online. Of course from there, just cut, sew, and stuff.

    Good luck! Enjoy that beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are surviving ok without Jared. I can't imagine doing that. My prayers are with you! You're family is beautiful. So fun to see all the fun things you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a tough, tough situation to be in. :( I hope it doesn't have to last long.

    But I lOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures on this post. So darling. Your kids are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you were going to be playing single mama!! I'm sorry - that's rough, but I'm so glad you to hear that you are coping as well as can be expected.

    I have to say, I love the striped bow ties - so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are gorgeous! All of them! Even the grass!! Your family is adorable =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these pictures Delia! (You look GORGEOUS by the way!!)

    ReplyDelete