Natalie's two week mark came and went. So did her 2 week doctor's appointment that I spaced. Whoops. The nurse was really understanding. I'm pretty confident I am not the first or even the tenth mom who has done that for this first appointment. So we'll go tomorrow.
This week was a little harder than the first. The constant nursing, diaper changing, and fatigue ridden days starts to wear on me. Kind of like how you are more sore the second day after working out than the first, I suppose.
Houndstooth quilt made by my Mom.
Sleeper outfit bought by Alonna who took us shopping the day we found out Natalie was a girl.
This is of her napping in it. She is totally sleeping with her eyes open.
At first I thought she was giving me an "I see you with that camera Mom" kind of look. But her breathing rhythm and otherwise complete stillness suggested that she was still out. Her eyes were darting around too, suggesting that she was dreaming.
Creepy...
Jared says I sleep with my eyes half open sometimes too. Way creepy...
Reid has been getting better at the big brother role this week.
Natalie seems to enjoy having him around...
I'm sure she recognizes his voice the most, second only to mine.
He is belly height and was my constant buddy day in and day out while she was in the womb. I think these two will have lots of fun together as the months wear on.
Owen had his science fair this week.
His project was more consumer science but still fun. :) Jared said most of the projects at the fair were volcanoes and crystal formations so it was cool that Owen's was pretty unique.
We found out that Great Value popped the best (and might I add...is the best price). Owen loved working on it. We used a lot of his "stay up time" over a couple of weeks to do it and he didn't mind at all.
Don't you love his crazy grin? His top two front teeth are WAY loose. So much so that you can see how loose they are from far away. I won't lie. Every time I see him smile big, I have the urge to yank on his teeth.
Here's to hoping this week is full of a little more of this...
Dance parties, a happy Natalie and fun. :)















I BARELY moved Naomi from her basinet to her crib when she was 9 months old. Yikes! My reason? I was just too lazy to put up her crib. Goodness. It's a good thing we did it though, because she learned to sit up and pull herself into a standing position not even a week after that. :) So you're WAAAAY more on-top of things than I was. And I just have to say that she is DARLING!!! Congratulations, again, Delia.
ReplyDeleteHaha, I just read that book to Carlos recently- it's one of his favorites :) It's very cute to see how Reid is taking on the big brother role!
ReplyDeleteI love that Reid dances for her. Too cute. I bet they will be great buddies. And I agree with the creepy. That always weirded me out when one of my boys would sleep with their eyes open.
ReplyDeleteAubrey still sleeps in our room... and she is almost 1 months old. And honestly, she probably will be in our room for quite some time. :) All 3 of my girls sleep with their eyes open. It really is creepy! I think it's because they are afraid of missing something...
ReplyDeleteYour boys are so cute. I loved all the pictures of Reid taking care of his baby sister. So sweet.
I read all your updates below... back to Natalie's birth story. I've been MIA as far as blogs are concerned for a while...
ReplyDeleteI really loved reading the birth story and the pictures of Natalie are so beautiful - what a sweet baby.
I have to say I'm very impressed with Owen's science project - seriously, so unique. I remember all the science projects at school fairs seem so similar. WAY cute idea.
I love reading your blog - it's just refreshing. :)
Oh my precious! I have been missing from the blogging world- and here you are with brand new baby Natalie! I can't wait to keep reading & catch up!! P.S. love how much attention Reid is giving her! So cute!
ReplyDelete