Tummy Time.
These were taken on Natalie's official one week birth day.
Look how tiny she is.
She's our little rollie pollie.
Hey...
...turn back over. We want to see your beautiful face. :)
Here's a quick re-cap of our first week home by the numbers:
3 The number of times she peed all over us while we changed her diaper and the number has risen since then.
1 The number of times Reid has sneaked out of our sight and given her a good shake. Sigh...
6 Days it took for half of her umbilical cord to fall off. More and more of it keeps falling off and I can't help but wonder...isn't it way to early for her to lose her cord stump?
2 Nights when she went 4 hours between feedings. I cluster feed her during the day in hopes that she'll do more of that.
1+ Minimum number of loads of laundry we do each day. Not too bad...yet.
10+ Minimum number of diapers Natalie goes through daily. She's still in newborn size and probably will be for a while.
7 Number of ounces Natalie lost from birth to her first newborn check. Just perfectly within the 5-9 oz. expected range.
2 Chubby cheeks that show she's probably already gained a lot of that back.
1 Amazing Jared who has taken care of the boys, kept up with the dishes, cleaned the house, and been so wonderful to Natalie and I. He took a one week leave from work to help at home. He goes back tomorrow.
2 Brothers that are adjusting to their sister. They love to read her books...or at least that's what we encourage them to do every time they want to bug her...I mean play with her. :) They like to have dance parties around her which she seems to enjoy. It probably stresses us out more than her really. This girl will never be bored with her two biggest fans around.
1 Very happy, tired mom.
Adds up to a great week with one beautiful, spunky, baby Natalie.
Doesn't it look like she's squawking at the giraffe? ha...
Happy one week sweet baby.
Mesh Market Crochet Bag – Free Pattern
3 weeks ago










What a sweet and adorable baby! I swear, it seems like she looks EXACTLY like Owen. I love that you can tell your children are siblings. My children are kind of lacking in that department. :) She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Delia!!! And I can't believe she's already going that long between feedings at night. Woot woot! Hopefully it's a sign for times to come!
ReplyDeleteShe reminds me a lot of Owen! She's a cutie. I'm so glad you're settling in and that she's thriving. Are you figuring out what to do with a girl? :)
ReplyDeleteHow adorable! She looks like you, Delia. I loved your labor and delivery story. I always love those-- every one is different. Congratulations on the new baby. It was fun to catch up on your blog.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! Ya, thats weird her stump is already coming off. My boys took a couple weeks, but Kyla took 5 wks to lose it! That was to the other extreme. It was weird. That is awesome she can go 4 hrs already, jealous!Having a baby is such a life changing experience, with each one. I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDelete