Thursday, October 27, 2011

Baby


We have some exciting news to share...
19.5 weeks

But before I get to that, I want to share some things from memory lane. Well...my memory I should say.

Having a baby makes me reflect on our other babies...naturally. 

Owen, our first. 

Came out looking like this. 

So the first thing you notice besides how beautiful he is:) ? The fair fair skin. The odds aren't as stacked against him as you think. Yes, I am half Chinese and have olive skin myself, but my mom is very fair, as is Jared and both his parents. 



 
But...he also came out with blonde hair and blue eyes.


 What?! You say? 
I was just as shocked as anybody. My mother has blue eyes as does my husband's mother. But...really. The odds were against him there.

 photo credit for this photo and one below - David Mickelson

I would be asked by strangers and even Owen's pediatrician if he was really mine. And you know, if I wasn't there for the whole thing, I would wonder a little too!



That blonde fuzz and those true blues stuck around too, until he neared his second year.
Now, he's our still fair skinned, hazel eyed, brunette little heart breaker...and of course looks just like his dad. :)


Now for Reid.
One of the first things that came out of my mouth right when he was born was, "Whoa. He looks like my Dad!" My dad is Chinese...well...see for yourself:



Wasn't he so cuddly cute?

With his dark skin, dark hair...


and dark eyes...
Basically a little male mini me. :)

He did get his dad's nose, but not a whole lot else. 


I just love his endless brown eyes.


And so, although finding out the gender of our next child is quite exciting.
With our mixed bag of genes, we are definitely more anxious to meet her and to see what she looks like!

That's right it's a...


 girl!


She is growing perfectly and is the busiest mover I've had yet.
This picture helps give us a little idea of what she'll look like.
It's already clear she has Jared's smile and nose. :) Really...you can't mistake that 'Jared' smile!
It's almost like she smiled for the camera too...right on cue!

Can't wait to meet you sweet one.


12 comments:

  1. Yay for little girls! You are definitely made to have a little girl. All that crafting talent you have... she is going to be one stylish little gal. And her brothers are going to just love her. I really like seeing the pictures of your kiddos. I know I saw a lot of picture of Reid when he was a kid but it was fun to see them again as babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! (Of course, I think I'd be excited for you if it was a boy, too--because you make cute boys.) A little pink around the house will be fun!

    To answer your question from the email, we told our kids very early. I was so sick that I just felt like they needed to know so they could help as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty Delia. And your camera skills make me green with envy. :) I want a new camera so badly, but there are about 1 million more important things on our list.

    I am SO happy for you! Girls are fabulous and it is wonderful to have some of each. You will be such a good mama to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! AWWwww a sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! That is so exciting to have a cute little girl! Your boys will be so good to her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, she will be so cute, Delia. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!! Congrats! I was just thinking the other day that I hope you have a little girl because I would LOVE to see all the cute girly stuff you'd make her all the time like you do for your boys! ...and I had to laugh when you mentioned her smile because when I first glanced at it I laughed to myself and thought that she had Owen's smile! :)
    Awww congrats again guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! I can already see all the cute things you will do with her and make with her. I am very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog, Delia! We're so excited you will have a little girl to love in your family! I'm glad to see that the word is out :-)! I'll put my fun photo in tomorrow's family letter! Love, A

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome Baby Girl Randall! What a special family you and Jared are building together, Dellia! YOur memory picture walk was really special. And yes, your new little one does have Jared's smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited for you! That is so cool we are following the same pattern. I can't wait to see what she looks like either. that's so fun you have so many different genes, you have no idea how she'll look until she comes :) How fun! I guess I have no idea how my baby girl will look either, cuz Brent has the more olive skin, which Brayden got and Tyson is so fair!

    ReplyDelete