So...these pictures are about a week old. I'm actually now almost 17 weeks. I'm a new week every Saturday. Jared took these of me after we were done with the boys' pictures and the light was fading...so the lighting is kind of bad which I tried to fix with over-editing. I admit it.
I thought it would be fun to share few nuances with this pregnancy that has been different than with Owen and Reid.
All three pregnancies have been very different actually.
With Owen I didn't get morning sickness, I didn't show until I was 4 months {to me} and 5 months to everyone else {kind of a given since he was my first}, I was way moody, I craved sea food and mashed potatoes, felt Owen move at about 5 months, gained about 25 pounds, and went one day over my due date {although my doctor and I disagree on this - whatever}.
With Reid I was sick for 17 weeks {not enough to throw up, but just to want to gag all the time, but never bad enough to have to take medication for it}, extremely fatigued, even more moody, I started showing at 12 weeks {at least to myself}, I craved junk food and red meat, I often turned my nose up to vegetables because it made me gag to think about eating it, craved sea food somewhat, felt Reid start moving around the same time I stopped getting morning sickness, gained I think 28 pounds, and was induced a week early.
At least this is how I remember it. :)
Baby #3...
Felt 'pregnant' at 4 weeks. Slowly started to get tired and sick and then got sick enough to not keep food down by weeks 8 and 9. Got better sooner - by week 11, I was doing much better, but now I have to take 1/4 a unisom and B6 to make it through each day. So...I guess I'm not as sick but I'm slightly medicated this time.
I crave seafood a lot {although I'm aware - painfully- that I have to limit it to 12 oz. a week}, just like with Owen. I also craved mashed potatoes for a couple weeks but it passed quickly. Now I can't stand the thought of junk food most of the time. French fries - blech. Potato chips - major gag. It's been really weird because I normally like those things...and it's getting worse the longer I'm pregnant. Sweets will sometimes be okay, but I'm even less of a sweet dessert kind of person with this pregnancy.Two days after Reid's birthday, a taste of his cake finally sounded okay to me, so I tried it and then...couldn't finish it. I can however eat ice cream and chocolate chips all the time. The chocolate chips have to be semi-sweet and I mostly take them to help stave off my 2nd trimester headaches.
I gained 10 pounds by my 13 week visit. Nice. :) I'm guessing I'll hit the 30 pound weight gain mark {at least!} this time.
I started showing to myself at I think 7 weeks or so. You know, having to do that whole rubber band in the button hole trick and everything. By my first visit, I was either getting asked or getting uncomfortable "I really want to ask her if she's pregnant" stares.
I felt the baby move - not kick- but move by my 13th week. At first I didn't want to tell anyone, because I was probably mistaken. Jared agreed. ;) Thought I was totally crazy.
Then when I went to see the doctor she did another ultrasound and commented that the placenta is up against my back and the baby is right at the front of my stomach...something like that. Then she said, "You probably have felt the baby, the way it's positioned here." I looked at her with relief. Yes...I'm not crazy! I have since felt it shifting several times a week. One night I laid on my side for quite a while and when I went to lay on my back, a tight little wad of baby sat balled up uncomfortably to one side of my belly. I could feel it inside and outside my body plain as day. It's happened a couple of times actually. I just rub that spot - it kind of hurts, but the baby will spaz out and move. It's been kind of fun.
I have been moody. Probably not as bad as with the other two, but I'm only four months along so...
I have super vivid dreams almost every night. Sometimes I wake up tired because I was running or climbing or in some really intense action movie-like sequence in my dreams in what felt like the whole night. I have been dreaming a lot lately about being someone else...usually a guy. One dream I spent the whole time driving a mack truck and dodging trains. Seriously...I don't know where my brain comes up with these things.
I can fall asleep without having to read a book just like with Reid. So that part is nice.
I can fall asleep without having to read a book just like with Reid. So that part is nice.
We find out what the gender is just before Halloween. You can bet we'll be checking. I'm one of those types that just has to know.

This is really fun to read Delia. I love the pictures - even if you say they are over edited. You are so cute.
ReplyDeleteMan - I WISH I only gained 25 lbs. SIGH. 35, 37, 35 for me. SHEESH. :)
AND I worked out until I was 6 months along with D. Didn't make a darn of difference.
ReplyDeleteaahhh... the joys of pregnancy :) And I agree with Tannie, you look really good in your pictures and I even like the editing as well. Can't wait to hear what you are having. I'd say the dreams indicate you are having a boy... and he's sending those boy vibes to your brain... Do you have any feelings one way or another?
ReplyDeleteAwww I love it! (I admit Im so jealous though! lol) ...oh and FYI, youre seriously one of my favorite people to see pregnant (lol as weird/creepy as that may sound its not meant to be!) ...but really, I could have 12 kids already, be done fore sure, and seeing you would make me excited for another!! *wink* Youre the cutest mom/wife ever!
ReplyDeleteYou're hilarious, Delia!! I love all the comparisons -- the kids will too when they're having kids of their own -- seriously sooner than you can even IMAGINE!!! I'll be waiting to hear what gender this "already having to be coaxed to move" Randall baby is!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteI was so nauseous my whole pregnancy with Carter that all I wanted was fruit and veggies most of the time. Somehow I still managed to gain over 30 lbs. Oh well. I can't wait to find out what the baby is! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and hang in there.
ReplyDeleteI know it's so weird how each pregnancy is different. I'm so excited to find out what you're having! you must know by now, or are really close? We really need to get together, I'm sorry I never planned a Halloween party this year, that would have been an excuse to get together. I've just been busy every weekend and I realized it wasn't going to happen this year. I feel like I can barely keep up with life! I miss you though. I hope everything is going well for you. Call anytime and we can plan an afternoon to play :) Thanks again for the gift!
ReplyDelete