Wednesday, September 7, 2011

back to school

So...Owen informed me yesterday that today would be his 10th day of school. Behind much? Yep.


My mom came into town on Sunday and just left today. We had some fun canning salsa, and just spending time with the boys. I have some crazy pictures of us trying to get everyone to smile still stuck in my camera that I'll share later.

So until then here are first day of school pictures...finally!

We started the day off with pancakes. I made him a number one for his first day in first grade...so exciting!


It was his first time going to school for a full day and his first time eating lunch at school. He loved it and did great.


I really like his teacher. She is a mom of younger kids too and it really seems to show in her teaching. Everything I get as a parent is so clear and thorough - yet simple too. Love it.

So side note...We went school shopping for Owen, because he doesn't quite fit the slew of size 7 clothes I got him last Spring. What can I say...my kids are sticks and he is still only 6. So I made sure to try all his pants from last year on him to see which ones would still work and how many more we needed to get, etc.... Most of them still fit, so I just got a few more pairs in the same size, and then got a bunch of new shirts because Mr. long torso doesn't really fit his old shirts.

Well...a week into school the weather turns cooler so he wears a pair of pants. In just a week he grew like 2 inches. Seriously? He doesn't grow out very well out but he grows tall just fine apparently. It makes sense in retrospect because he complained a bunch about his knees hurting for several days. Duh...Delia. I should have seen this coming.

Some of his jeans are high waters now. I had him retry everything on and then had to return a pair of pants because they are now high waters. Glad I didn't have them washed and worn yet. Sheesh. :) I am both annoyed and amused I guess. Luckily the Old Navy skinny jeans are about 3 inches longer than the other pairs so he can still have pants that fit around his waist and not make him look like he's expecting a flood.

2 comments:

  1. Too fun! It's crazy how fast they grow sometimes, isn't it?

    I know Owen's teacher, but only a little. She came after my time, but I've met her a few times at book clubs and stuff. I hear she's a really good teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How crazy! (I mean how fast a kid can suddenly grow)I can't believe how big Owen is getting. Cute first-day-of-first-grade breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete