Thursday, September 8, 2011

1, 2, 3...

Let's do the math.

One


Two


Three



Four



Five



Baby #3 is healthy and we couldn't be happier.

We told the boys this week in kind of a trickle. Jared just couldn't keep it in anymore and started telling Reid that there was a baby in my belly. I think Owen already knew too. When I told him he just said, "Yeah, I know." I guess it's kind of hard to hide when you're sick all the time. :)

I could tell I was pregnant at 4 weeks...no joke. I was sick by 5 weeks. Got much worse as time went on and then couldn't keep food down by 9 and 10 weeks. But by 11 weeks things improved drastically and now I'm just tired. I feel pretty lucky.

I'll be 13 weeks on Saturday and I'm already showing enough that I get asked if I'm pregnant. There's no hiding the belly the 3rd time around. :)
The due date is St. Patrick's Day 2012.
Although I really hope it comes early or late by at least a day.

We had our first appointment today. We didn't get to see the doctor because of a scheduling mix up and because she got called into delivery, but we got the better ultrasound as a bonus and we go back in next week. Reid got to be there for baby's first pictures just like Owen was there for his. It's fun to see him slip into the big brother role.

On the 4D ultrasound the baby looks bronze in color. When Reid saw it he said, "That baby's golden!" I know he was remarking on it's color, but it was such a perfect, cute thing to say about our new baby. :)

We are getting asked a lot already what gender we want. And we are being completely honest when we say we would love either a boy or a girl. :) I'm just glad there's just one baby in there.


Reid keeps asking us to get the baby out or asks if he can get smaller and go in my belly with the baby and suck his thumb. Ha ha...this kid. 


Needless to say, we sure love you already Baby #3.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Babies are such a wonderful blessing. I'm excited for you! I remember coming and seeing Owen in the hospital. :) Time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Delia! I'm so excited for you guys. I'm sure if it's a boy or girl, it'll be sooooo cute, just like Owen and Reid. Congrats again & I'm glad you're not so sick anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! So excited!! Hope you are feeling better!! I think based on your first two that this baby will be gorgeous no matter the gender! :) Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! That is so exciting. I couldn't be happier for you. Your boys are so precious and they are going to be so lucky to have a new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful Delia!!! Oh, new babies might be hard work, but they truly are the best. I'm glad you are feeling okay.

    And thanks for your comment on my blog - don't even feel like you can't give advice. :) I love people to comment and give ideas, even if I don't use them all the time.

    And yes, I have heard of babies waking after 20 minutes because of sleep cycles (I read that when I was having so much trouble with Linus). The cycles are 20 minutes, 45, and then 1 1/2 hours. It's funny.... But true - when I take a nap, I always wake up after 20 minutes, sometimes I get up and sometimes I go back to sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! So happy for your family! And ahh, it's always sooo nice to get that first ultrasound and see that baby's growing healthy :) Reid's such a cute big brother already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ack! I'm so happy for you i could cry. And I completely understand the third time belly. I couldn't keep it a secret anymore at 8 weeks. Congrats Delia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting!!! Babies are so fun!!! Hooray!
    Zofran was my best friend this pregnancy...I told family right off, but kept it a secret from most people till about 20 weeks. (Actually, some people are still just finding out, or just starting to ask and I am HUGE, and about 30 weeks.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I'm so excited for you! that's so cool they did the 4d ultrasound at 12 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Delia! You are already the best Mom ever, baby #3 is a lucky kid =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! We are so happy for you. Baby #3 is very lucky to come to such a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete