Saturday, August 6, 2011

fishies, fishes, in the sea


The boys started swim lessons this last week. 


Reid and I tried the Water Babies class for one day and just as I suspected, it was a little young for him. With him turning 3 just next month they let him try the 3 year old class and he did great! He has a blast and I don't have to suit up everyday which is nice. It also frees me up to take way too many pictures.




Owen's doing well considering he is one of the youngest in his class. 



He just has to stay above water long enough to listen to his coach. :) He likes to practice holding his breath under water - a lot. So he misses some of the instruction. We've had a lot of talks about it and he's doing better.




I think Owen was getting sick of me taking pictures. You think? Ha ha. It was Reid's turn anyway.



Reid had no problem making friends...and rebelling a little with them. :)


 Reid's coach is so sweet on him. I love it.



 No fear.

 When swim lessons are over, the kids like to take 20 minutes to dry off. 

Owen still wasn't in the mood for the mamarazzi attention, but Reid was soaking it up.



He keeps begging for his own pair of goggles. If he would let us tighten them enough to work we would. He sure does look cute in them.



 Once they are all dry and their wrinkles are sufficiently inspected we go home for lunch.


I kind of wish we could do swim lessons all summer.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the pictures of Reid with the goggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun!! we're hoping to do that next summer ;) and wishing we had signed up this summer! reid is too cute in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, they look so happy!!! Great pictures too btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get my boys in swimming, they are scared of the water. yours look like they do great! I was showing Brayden pics of Owen swimming and asked if he wanted to do that. His reply "No! I'll drowned in there!"

    ReplyDelete