Let me start with Owen. Just finished Sports Camp. Loved it. I am was so proud of him when he went in by himself on the first day. No tears. No Mom. He just walked into a totally unfamiliar place, with not one person he knew, and was cool about it. Seriously it was no sweat for him. But that's just how he is and pretty how he's always been. He even made a couple of good friends on the first day that he stuck by the rest of camp. Jared's been remarking that his athletic skills have even been improving a bit since then too; and he was able to taste test a bunch of different sports and activities so he can better choose what he wants to sign up for this Fall.
We're excited to start two weeks of swim tomorrow. Our last hurrah before we start getting ready for school. Reid gets to participate in the Water Babies class with me and Owen is in his own class. I'm really excited for him.
I wonder if Reid will belong in the Water Babies class though. He has zero fear of water. He is a bit more sensitive about things in general than Owen, so I wasn't expecting him to be so fearless. But once he saw Owen dive in the pool, he was rearing to go. In fact, I can only stand to be at the pool with him for a maximum of 2 hours because he wants to kick and paddle the WHOLE time. That and jump off the side of the pool. It's exhausting for me and he doesn't show any signs of slowing the entire time. I do think it's great, I just need to make sure I go with Jared or something so I can tag out when I need a minute.
Every once in while he insists, by elbowing me, and hitting my hands away, that I let him just swim by himself. So I do. He of course sinks like a rock, albeit a kicking one, but when I pull him up he insists we, "Do it again!" He definitely didn't get the fish genes from me. :)
Owen is obsessed with origami lately. Especially paper airplanes. If the computer and TV is off limits, he automatically heads to the counter and starts building airplanes. Whatever papers he acquires from Primary fall prey to his paper folding skills even before we leave church.
Reid is lots of fun as always. He is just a charming little thing, making friends with old men he likes to call "Grandpas" pretty much wherever we go. And he has this cute way of speaking where he adds a syllable to almost every word.
"Mom, I want some mi-hilk."
"I want to play-hay with Con-ha-ner please?"
It's both endearing and...otherwise. :) Because it's often accompanied by a whining lilt.
One last fun fact, is that the boys have been playing so well together. There is still the normal occasional fighting. But I can see how much this summer has brought them together. With Reid getting older too, they really love playing together. I was worried for a long time about them being over 3 1/2 years apart, but really I was worrying for nothing.
Sometimes I have to literally pull them out of the house to go to the store or even do something fun like go to the library, because they are just having such a great time playing with their toys together. I just love that they love each other...most of the time. :)





That is so sweet. They look like they would be best buds. Sports camp and swimming lessons sound like a blast for them.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! I'm glad you're having a good summer. I'm jealous to see them playing outside. It's so hot here!
ReplyDeleteSweet boys...
ReplyDeleteMy sister and I are nearly 3 years apart and we played together ALL the time. She's still one of my very best friends.
ReplyDeleteI laughed so hard about the Reid wanting to swim on his own thing - super cute. I hope swim lessons go well, it was very successful for both my kids this year.
And I'd be GLAD if Claire folded just ONE of her art projects or papers from primary into an origami something. We are TOTALLY overwhelmed by art projects over here. SIGH.
Delia, I love your boys. They are just SO cute. I loved seeing Reid at church and Owen.... well I might steal him. So that's that.
ReplyDelete