Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fourth


We had a fun, low-key Fourth of July...


Jared was sick for some of the weekend with severe allergies, so we kept things pretty simple on Saturday. 



Just some root beer floats and kicking it around the house before going to the car parade.



Kudos to the camera phone for catching some nice sun flare. I didn't know it had it in it. :)

On Monday we went to see Cars 2. Very cute movie. Both boys liked it but Owen liked it more. It seems that they made the second movie to kind of grow up with their original audience.


Then our good friends and neighbors invited us to their BBQ. Reid and Conner, their oldest, are best friends so the boys had a blast. 


We grilled chicken and corn. My favorite!

The boys loved the snaps and sparklers.


Owen was writing on the street with his sparkler. Then...he burned a hole clear through the top of his shoe. Not too long after this picture actually. He was just curious what would happen. Sigh. Boys. I will never understand how they think. Luckily his shoe snuffed the flame and he wasn't injured.

We topped off the evening with a pack of fireworks we went in on with our friends. They weren't aerials {even though they are legal this year}. We just went with fountains, and the boys loved them.

2 comments:

  1. I always love your pictures. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I had to giggle at Owen's story about burning his shoe. He really is all boy isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love July holidays!!

    ReplyDelete