Sunday, July 24, 2011

Harry Potter Party

Owen finished listening to the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone a couple weeks ago. To celebrate, we had a little family party. 

 

I made a quick little "quidditch" broom filled with gold galleons for each of the boys. I couldn't find those blasted chocolate coins anywhere {that is until last week - so it goes}. Anyway... I told them to go ahead and eat them while they waited for dinner. To my surprise they opted to not to. I don't know if they didn't believe me or if they are just too conditioned to save sweets for last.


We had some Fall fare that gave us a Harry Potter feel. Pumpkin soup, biscuits, and chicken drumsticks. We kept the house dark and ate by black candle light. 

And we had butterbeer of course! 

Recipe: Mix ginger ale or cream soda with a tablespoon or so of butterscotch ice cream topping. Yum...and so easy. 

For dessert we ate our "galleons" and dipped pretzel rod wands into melted chocolate.


After our little dinner party, Reid got to go to bed while Owen stayed up late and watched the movie for the first time. We had him try on the 'sorting hat.' He was in Gryffindor house of course. :) Then we snacked on Jelly Bellies for the rest of the night. I didn't get the every flavor beans, because the normal ones are interesting and sometimes gross enough for us.

All in all it was really fun.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! You are so creative! I love it. This may sound silly, but I truly admire you and I'm grateful to be part of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea, such a cute idea...I bet it has him excited to listen to the rest of the harry potter books!! Such a fun way to make learning/reading/listening fun (plus I like the books better than the movie)

    ReplyDelete