Yep...that pink one right there.
It drives all of us crazy!...but he loves it. I am trying this new chore system. We still haven't landed one that I love yet. Anyway, they have a ticket with so many spaces on it - Owen has 100 and Reid has 50. They get a stamp per space for all their chores: getting dressed, brushing their teeth, running and getting a diaper and some wipes for me {or other little impromptu tasks}, and so on. One thing I like about this system is that once they earn their stamps they can't be taken away. It helps us keep things pretty positive. Once they fill up their ticket, they can redeem it for extra TV/Computer time, 2 hours of extra stay up time, $1, or a prize from the treasure bucket. Reid conceptually has a hard time grasping the other rewards so the treasure bucket is mostly for him.
We went to the dollar store to fill up our treasure bucket and Reid found this blasted pink phone. It is about 3 times as loud as any of our other toys, has no volume control or on and off switch, and it plays all sorts of annoying sounds. But...I let him get it. I figured if he needed motivation, it would be good incentive at least for our first go around with the new chore system.
Well...he earned it alright. By the middle of the first day after he earned it, Owen exclaimed "I'm just going to break that thing!" Ha ha...If I could morally let him do that. I would. For now...we're just hoping he drains the batteries pretty quick.
I think it's funny too that this little tough guy loves a pink girly phone. :) Reid...you're one of kind and we love you for it.

Haha! That last picture of him flexing is the best! :) ...and he's not alone, my little Teag is OBSESSED with Addie's HOT pink princess phone (same shape as Reid's) and the princesses talk to you. lol so funny!
ReplyDeleteThat's funny. I hope the batteries run out fast for you. Sometimes the toys that are the least expected become the favorites.
ReplyDelete