Monday, June 27, 2011

Father's Day

Last Sunday, we had a wonderful Father's Day. 

We had homemade doughnuts in the morning.  This is no small feat. 

I make the dough the night before, then get up early to roll it out and cut into circles before going back to bed. It rises for a while. Then Jared and I work together to get them fried and glazed. The oil temperature gets temperamental and it's tricky to watch the doughnuts and glaze at the same time, so we find working together is best.

I say we make a pretty good doughnut making team.
Jared opened his presents after breakfast. The boys were so excited to show it to him although he pretty much knew what he was going to get. We got home from the store Saturday night and Reid spilled the beans the minute we walked through the door. :)


I captured this sweet moment. Awww.

 Then I tried to get a good picture of the boys with their Dad. Why...why...do I bother? :)

We went to church. 

Had artichokes for dinner. Oh and salmon and Wienhardt's Rootbeer. Musts for any celebration for Jared. 

And you know what else Jared did on Father's Day? He spent the afternoon serving other people. He not only did some home teaching for himself, but he went with another guy who can never get a hold of his companion. This after a week of missing some work helping another family with a crisis and last minute moving. He is such a giving, loving man.

We love you Jared. Thanks for being always being the fun one. The provider. The kind one. The best playmate ever. The one who keeps us all happy and laughing. 
The best Dad ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment