I have been a slacker on blogging yes?
So here's the nutshell.
We spent a whole day at IKEA for Memorial Day. On the way there we saw snow in the canyon! Ha ha.
We met up with David for lunch which we ate for Fa-reeee! You spend a $100 and get your meal ticket deducted. We were buying furniture...so duh! We loaded up. :)
We all had a blast but it was a looooong day.
We have been having a nice cool summer so far. Just enough sun to go outside almost everyday, but not too much that we have had to turn on our swamp cooler or any fans really. It has been constant nice temps. 60-70's everyday. Total bliss if you ask me. I'm just not so tan really at all and we haven't gone swimming yet. Those are the only draw backs I can think of.
We can credit the cool weather to the sporadic rain storms. And with rain comes more rainbows.
On the way home from IKEA. Yes...we had a scene of snow on the way down and a rainbow on the way back up. It was a nice welcome home greeting. :)
And here's a double rainbow at dusk, that I snapped pictures of just outside our house this last week. It was AMAZING. The sky was glowing with color.
We've been playing at the park,
we had a picnic,
been playing with playdough,
we saw Rio this last weekend - so cute, we've been walking and riding bikes a lot, and just enjoying summer.
It feels like our days are still pretty busy. I seriously don't know where our times flies still and we don't have anywhere to go everyday. Okay...I guess things come up a lot, like last minute babysitting, meals to make and give, people to visit, homework and piano {trying to keep Owen from backtracking school wise}...stuff like that. So...I know where the time goes, but yet it still surprises me when the day is already over.
I also have Owen signed up for tennis for two weeks, then sports camp for two weeks, and then both boys have swim for 2 weeks after that. That sounds crazy busy but I think it will be good for Owen to have something fun to do for a few hours each day. Our rec center charges based on income so we get a good deal too.
We finally got our house in order and our new furniture all set up. Pictures coming soon...mostly for our benefit because it's fun to look back at how we lived and how it changes all the time.
We made our bucket list of fun things we want to do this summer. Reid and Owen helped. :) Since we have no idea what Reid wrote, although it looks like he was trying to write words ?? we made his pins wild cards.
It's going to be a fun summer!
Mesh Market Crochet Bag – Free Pattern
3 weeks ago








That double rainbow is beautiful! We need to get together soon. I'll call you, and we can try and set up a play date!
ReplyDelete