I must say that I really like having Easter later in the month. We even had sun all weekend which has been a rarity lately. And I had time to get ready for the holiday without scrambling...too much. :)
We had an egg hunt Saturday afternoon.
Owen was trying to be nice and give Reid some of his eggs.
Reid thought he was trying to get rid of eggs he didn't want.
This went on for a while before Owen gave up. :)
This is me saying..."Hey kids, pose for a picture.....okay...this will do. I guess"
This is also when we realized that Owen had his shirt tucked into his underwear. Ha ha...
I was sneaky and filled all the eggs with Lucky Charms instead of candy. Hey...they're sweet enough right? :) I have issues with candy overload.
Here is Owen with all his loot. We took a trip to the local grocery store for their annual hunt...which is really just like trick or treating. I hate going, but the kids love it. They gave the Easter bunny a hug and we got some wacky pictures on our phones.
We got to play outside some more this weekend...it was glorious. Reid spent a good chunk of his time hunting for bugs. Here is a May fly on Reid's hand. He had been playing with it for a while...so it is looking pretty crooked and sad.
Owen kept asking Jared to play baseball with him. We would put Owen on a team but we don't know where we will be living in two months or less.
Kind of hard to plan... So for now Jared practices with him and he loves it.
Jared got this picture of Reid and I. I love it.
We dyed eggs on Friday and 'hid' them in our wheat grass, along with a chocolate bunny to decorate our dinner table.
We ate Mr. Bunny for dessert with strawberries and cream. The kids couldn't wait to break into the bunny. He was completely distracting for the whole dinner.
Easter dinner actually happened on Saturday night. We had plans to go to our friend's house for Sunday dinner, but then had to cancel because Jared's sinus infection took a turn for the worse. Our dear friends brought us dinner anyway. I am going to miss them...if we move.
We made white chocolate egg shell peeps like we did last year. The boys begged pretty much everyday to do this. And then when all was said and done...they just wanted to eat the peeps. :) The shell got nibbled on but that was it. Of course.
Earlier in the week we had a strawberry lemon crepe cake that was soooo good...
With hard boiled eggs - un-dyed.
I am still craving the sweet lemon cream cheese filling I put in between the layers. Yum. Jared requested it for his birthday breakfast already. :)
This week we also...got to babysit a friend's boy who is Reid's age. Reid loved him, which is saying a lot because he tends to pick on other kids we are babysitting. {cringe}
That same night we watched Yogi Bear. Ha. Really, really cheesy, and soooo boring for me, but the boys loved it. Owen would laugh, then Reid, then Micah. It was more fun watching them watch it, I think.
And now...all we want is to find out if Jared got the job(s} he applied for. Cross your fingers.

looks like you guys had a great weekend, I love your easter baskets that you made! ;) Good luck with the interviews, hope jared gets feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteYour decorations are always so cool. What a fun time. I love the cereal in the eggs--such a good idea. Did you get the crepe recipe from the Test Kitchen cook book? I'm not a huge fan of crepes, but I love the idea of stacking them like that. Good luck with the job search. I hope it works out well.
ReplyDeleteI love all your cute easter decor. And that crepe cake thing looks heavenly! I would love if you sent that recipe right my way!
ReplyDeleteThat is a very fun Easter. The wheat grass and eggs is so cute.
ReplyDeleteThat is good Reid is being better with friends. That age is hard for them to play with others nicely.
That crepe cake looks fabulous - are you posting the recipe anywhere??
ReplyDeleteGood idea with the Lucky Charms - my kids get so much candy from grandparents and others that when we give some too it is WAY TOO MUCH. It lasts forever though because I only let them have a tiny bit each day.
You are so pretty by the way Delia. :) I like the picture of you and Reid at the beginning.
The pictures of you and Reid at the top are just precious! You hardly ever get to be in any photos (not that I don't love the other photos...) so it was nice to see your pretty face!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter!
Wow, I have been away from blog world for too long. WOW, those boys are so huge!!! It looks like you had a wonderful Easter. I love seeing all the fun stuff you make.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Those crapes look delicious!
ReplyDelete