On the other hand, it is May and the trees still haven't even bloomed. Good thing I didn't plant any Spring crops. We wear shorts as wishful thinking and then freeze our butts off while we pretend it is almost summer.
So we wish for more sunshine and higher temperatues - please oh please - but we have been getting rainbows as a sweet side effect from all the cold, rainy days.
You know that Primary that goes..."I like to look for rainbows, whenever there is rain. And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again." ?
We've been singing that song a lot.
Last week we had one last big Personal Progress mutual for Young Women, before...yes I got released.
The President is having a particularly difficult pregnancy, being on daily IV's and bed rest. It was a good thing for all involved. As first counselor, I gained a lot of responsibility and a lot of lessons to learn. It was good, but it is also good that it is over. I was sick last Sunday when I got released, so I haven't said goodbye yet. It still didn't really feel real until I didn't go to mutual this week. Weird. It will be even weirder to go to Relief Society instead of YW. Oh...I already miss the girls. :(
Anyway...for the party, which was a "P" themed Personal Progress Progressive Dinner Party, I made Peanut Butter frosted dark chocolate cupcakes with pastel pink and purple pennants. :) I had fun with that one. And I am sorry to say I probably ate more cupcakes than anyone.
We finally caught a bird eating our bird treats! It's a crow... but still a bird! We have noticed the bird feeders looking a bit worn and eaten for weeks now with no proof. We were so excited when we discovered birds were finally eating our poor neglected bird feeders.
And if this post wasn't random enough, here are some other fun facts from recent life:
- We kept talking about FHE {Family Home Evening} at dinner this past Monday night. Owen finally spoke up and said something like, "That isn't even a word. F-A-G. You guys are just being silly."He thought we were trying to be cryptic and spell our converstation to each other. And if you say FHE just right, it sure sounds like F-A-G. Poor Owen looked totally confused, laughing with us but not sure why he should be, while we couldn't even speak for a good 5 minutes. Ha... We just corrected him and moved on. That is a conversation I think can wait.
- We have a next door neighbor who has a boy just three months older than Reid, named Connor. They are the best of friends and talk about each other often. I asked Reid if Connor was his 'best friend.' Without hesitation he shouted {as he often doesn't really even talk anymore, he just shouts everything}, "NO! Owen is!" It was so cute. Now if they could just stop fighting and act more like friends...
- We got a temporary new computer. So...our computer trouble that Best Buy couldn't fix. It is actually because we bought a faulty computer.
After the 3rd time they "fixed" it. I got it back and it started to give us trouble again. I brought it back and they claimed they couldn't duplicate the problem. Our black tie protection was up in a matter of days. We felt helpless and they kept giving us the run around and blaming us somehow...asking questions like, well where do you put your computer? Is it your printer that's doing this? Are you putting your computer on hibernate because that might be it?....Really...that's just weird.
Jared finally stepped up and decided to do some homework. He simply googled our model number and the word "problems." We were not prepared for the slew of complaints and helpful information that search elicited. We found class action lawsuits currently being pursued against Gateway and Best Buy for this specific computer.
Long story short, Jared brought the computer into Best Buy the next day. Politely mentioned all the research he has been doing. After that, they wouldn't even look him in the eye. They suddenly became incredily accommodating, offered us a loaner lap top to use for free and will replace our computer if they can't fix it. I was baffled...at their dishonesty, their reaction before and after. They knew exactly what was wrong with it but were banking on our naivety. If they weren't being so helpful now, I would be sick with irritation.
- On a brighter note, Owen and I just discovered that Kindergartners get out a full week before everyone else at his school. We counted and he only has 15 full days left before he is done with school. That is not even just school days. That's 15 total days! I can't believe it.
I can't wait for summer. I want to start reading Harry Potter with Owen again this summer. We tried it last year but he wasn't ready. I hope he is this year so we can end with a Harry Potter party and him seeing the first movie for the first time.
That is all the news for now. I am busy with a summer blogging series {and trying to think warm thoughts for that :)} and Jared is finding hiccups in his research analyses. It keeps us plenty busy and distracted while we wait to hear back from jobs...aka endure torture. :)
But we are doing well and we are happy. I don't think we can ask for much more than that.

I can't wait until I can read Harry Potter to Tyson too, that would be so fun. Probably at least another year for him, but who knows maybe I'll try this summer too. I hope y'all are applying for jobs in Texas! It's the best state, and it has a short winter. I'm not a winter fan! I love spring and fall; summer is really hot though!
ReplyDeleteWe feel the same way with the weather. Wishful hoping and enjoying the few days of warm before the next storm. Crazy computer problems, that would make me upset to but hopefully it will work out for you.
ReplyDeleteBeing released from YW is always a hard thing. I don't feel like my time in YW was long enough but we had to move... so the calling ended. But I'm glad you were able to enjoy it for as long as you did. Those cupcakes look delish!
ReplyDeleteUgh! Best Buy is awful! They wanted to CHARGE US for donating a computer! Blah, I could go on and on about their Geek Squad. Dumb. Anyway, yay for end of school and Harry Potter!! I hope he likes it so you can have a HP party =) So awesome!
ReplyDeleteI have 13 school days left!! And am looking forward to a wonderful summer -- stake handcart trek with our youth, Beehive camp two weeks later, and an agricultural literacy study week in between. My peas and onions are growing, strawberries are blooming, and hopefully lettuce, turnips, kale, and carrots will be sprouting soon. I've had 4 apple trees bloom and am hoping for an apple crop this year if Monday's low temperatures didn't dip too low!! I'm so sorry about your release from Yw. It is the love of my life right now, but your final comment, "We are happy. What more could we ask for?" says it all!! and I am happy for you!! My prayers continue with Jared's thesis and employment applications. I love you all! Happy Mother's Day to one of the best Mothers I know!! I love you!
ReplyDeleteI'm so done with this cold weather too, but at least we aren't as cold as you guys most of the time. Maybe if we both do a reverse raindance it will all stop?
ReplyDeleteUgh this was SO fun to read!! I used to check your blog(s) literally daily... even if I wasnt commenting, lol but just 'stalking'.... but somehow during the time I started slacking for a while I completely missed that you changed the address and havent been able to get on it again until Laura saw and answered my post to you about it on Facebook yesterday! lol.... Ive missed keeping up on you guys, and still maintain the fact that I want to be YOU someday/when I grow up! Oh youre amazing! lol
ReplyDelete...even today I came in and Dan was at the computer (Id left it open and your blog up) and he was like "Wow Delia ia WAAAY too creative and talented for one person!"( lol...agreed honey!) ...he also commented on how cute and 'grown up' Owen looks in his picture in the side bar :)
Ive got a LOT of catching up to do now!! On my blog too....lol