Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!


Hope you've had a fun Christmas!

I have lots of pictures and things to share but until I can get to that, here are some quick highlights:

*Reid making up a "bum" version of Jingle Bells on the way home from church. Not my highlight, but I'm sure it belongs on the boys' list.

*Being blessed to get to church this morning early (!) even though the odds were stacked against us.

*Hearing the whirring of two remote control cars zooming around the house.

*Having the most loved toys be two (cheap) flashlights put in each boy's stocking. Of course...

*Owen liking Reid's gift from Santa almost more than his own. : /

*A nice long Christmas nap - at least for Reid and me. Owen played Legos and Jared tried out his new FIFA 12 game.

*Having no schedule... "Is that clock right...could it really be past 8 PM?"..while the boys are bouncing off the walls with a new toy in each hand and M&M's dribbling out of their mouths.


*Seeing a glimmer of normalcy returning to our lives while we pulled out our dusty Book of Mormon Reader and sang a non-Christmas hymn for scriptures tonight.

Christmas is fun, but I think we are already starting to feel the New Year itch. Goals...goals...goals.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!! I love your pictures (as always).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your family pictures! So cute. I especially like your silly one where everyone is being silly and Reid is just perfectly smiling :) So precious.
    We had one of those "liking someone else's gift almost more" moments too. Except it was both of my girls wanting their baby sisters toy :) Weird but true. Can't wait to see all the rest of your pictures from the holidays

    ReplyDelete