Thursday, May 26, 2011

And Cousin Dave...

Before I get to the story that explains the title. I just want to spotlight my little baby Reid, who is growing up so fast. Lately, when I ask him if he's a big boy or a baby, he says, "No...I not big. I wittle." I keep thinking...not for long. :(

He is as sharp as a tack and full to brim with spunk. He even runs with spunk, side swiping his legs around and almost dancing while he does it.

I snapped this picture on my camera phone a few months ago. I can't resist taking pictures of a sleeping child. :) Like the diaper bulge? Ha ha.

Jared has been working in the field {Canyon} as a research tech while he writes. That kind of work is hard labor hiking all day in a stream with heavy equipment to carry and he always is pretty sore after he starts going out more often in the summer. He has also found a little group of friends he likes to play soccer with on campus and has been playing almost daily for his workout. With those two things combined he often comes home with a cut, bruise, small injury...something.

Well today {don't worry I'm getting somewhere with this}, as Jared was leaving for work, Reid was saying his farewells at the door and piped up with, "Don't get hurt today okay?" Or something to that effect. Seriously. He never ceases to surprise me. He is the best listener in our family. Not the most willing or obedient but a very keen listener. :)


For the past, oh I don't know, 5 months or so Reid has been obsessed with praying for our "Tousin" Dave Welsh who is battling a rare life threatening disease. After a scary several months he is back at work and doing much better. While we still pray for him every now and then, the need doesn't feel so urgent since he is doing well. But Reid. Every time he prays, he always, always prays for Cousin Dave. We often feed him most of the prayer to help him along, but once he hears us say "In the name" he interrupts and shouts, "And Tousin Dave!" He has only finished one prayer this year without saying that. I remember, because we all looked up in wonder afterward.

Owen hasn't been quite so persistent and kept calling him Uncle Dave. Which we also have one of those. So, he got extra blessings this year. :)


2 comments:

  1. I too have to admit I LOVE sleeping pictures! Oh so sweet. I like the reminder that even though it seems like our little ones will never stop... there are those sweet moments where they do just that. I cherish those moments. I love hearing what is important to our little ones in their prayers too. Madison is still praying for my cousin Shane who passed away last September. She prays that he can come back to life again soon because me miss him so much. It makes me want to cry every time she says it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love taking pictures of sleeping children too! It helps me keep things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete