Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring...er Winter Break?

We had snow for most of Owen's Spring break. Gotta love Spring in Utah! We are having a particularly wet and cold Spring this year though so it's not always like this. It's funny how we were praying to get out of a drought just four years ago and now we are praying we don't get flooded!

I am a little behind on posting here because our desktop is still down for the count. You would think that the Geek Squad at Best Buy could fix our computer after 2 tries...but I guess no one is superman. We are hoping the 3rd time's the charm.

So this update is just for Spring break, which was two weeks ago...I'm behind remember? I'll tell you more about two sick kids, an eye and ear infection, and cow poop on our shoes and pants next time. Sounds fun huh?

So... Spring break. I kept trying to get the kids out of the house when the weather was good. We played a bit outside, did a lot of scooter-ing, some tree climbing and neighbor friend playing, but mostly the kids just had a ton of brother time.

I asked Owen what he wanted to do for Spring break and he replied, "I just want to play with Reid!" It was so sweet.


These pictures are of Reid and Owen building me a tower for an upcoming project.

Really...with us always having somewhere to go and something to do, it was nice to just chill. So I think Owen just wanting to stay home and play was the right idea, and just what we needed for a real 'break.'

We stayed in our jammies until noon, had naps whenever, decided to walk down to the bowling alley at the last minute in the middle of the week...




Just Owen and I played while Reid climbed the chairs. My score was as good as Owen's...so I didn't have to fib when I told him we tied. :) Who knew my poor bowling skills would help me maintain integrity.

We also did lots of movie watching, coloring, and hanging out. In between that strenuous schedule {ha}, we just barely managed to squeeze in one organized project. :) These little wheat grass "Mr. Recycle Head" men.

I have a soft spot for Earth Day, so when I discovered that it was so close to Easter I decided to start celebrating early so it didn't get completely overshadowed and forgotten.

By the time school started we were ready to get back to real life and a real schedule. :)

6 comments:

  1. First off, those cans are adorable! What a fun project. And I have to admit your spring break sounds like what we have been doing constantly since we've moved. It has been WONDERFUL to do nothing together. And I love your bowling story. That is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY EARTH DAY! WHAT WILL YOU DO FOR EASTER? OUR YW ARE DOING A COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT AND FILLING PLASTIC EGGS FOR THE EGG HUNT SAT. WE DID CAMPFIRE SINGING AROUND THE FIRE PIT IN MY BACKYARD FOR ACTIVITY NITE THIS WEEK AND MADE SMORES IN PREP FOR BEEHIVE CAMP AND THE HANDCART TREK THAT ARE COMING THIS SUMMER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a blast! I am finally back into the blogging world and missed you! I am always checking out your Delia Creates blog cus i'm obsessed with it. Just wanted to come by and see how the whole fam's doing. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of the bowling balls. It is so wonderful that Owen and Reid play well together - I think that is one of the sweetest things I've heard when he said he just wanted to play with his brother. So cute. How did you make those Mr. Recycle heads?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our blog is going private this week! Check my blog on how to get access. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bowling shoe picture. It sounds like a wonderful spring break to me. :)

    ReplyDelete